CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome, and enjoy a glimpse into my creative world!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Studio J Layouts

I did several Studio J layouts when the service was first available, but at the time, they did not provide a jpg file so that the layouts could be shared online.  Now, with the purchase of the printed layout, you also get a jpg file to share.  They actually send you files that you can share on the internet, and files that are higher quality so that you can have them reprinted if you wish.  This month, there is a promotion running in which you can get one free jpg file without having to purchase the layout that you make.  If you want to check out Studio J, and make your own layout, you can access it at my CTMH Website . Choose Studio J in the menu on the left and scrap away :)

Love the kit above for a birthday layout.  It's a member's only kit.  One of the perks of signing up for a Studio J Membership is exclusive kits and layout designs.  The colors of this one are super bright, cheery, and all around fun!

The layout above commemorates our first trip to Mackinac Island last year, and the impact that the visit had on my youngest daughter.  She loved the island, and has plans to live there and own a business or two or ten, lol.  We'll see how all that pans out in about 15 years.

Not long ago, I wrote a blog post with these photos, and I had to make a layout to document the great morning that we had, and the great year that Meghan had in second grade.

Here's my cheesy older daughter performing a dance routine at her recital rehearsal.  She's quite the performer when it comes to facial expressions.  I never laughed so hard going through the photos to choose some for this layout. 
Is there anything cuter than a little kid with two missing front teeth?  For me, that kind of marks the beginning of the end of childhood.  Once those big adult, front teeth come in, they look so much older.

I had to curl Meghan's hair for her dance recital, and she looked so different to me that I had to take lots and lots of pictures.

Ok, this is probably the layout that took me the least amount of time, but it's also the one that I messed up.  The lower ribbon on the right page is positioned so that it doesn't extend the full length of the page.  Lesson Learned:  Spend more time checking the layout over before approving it.

A few photos of the camping trip that we took last summer.  We're going back in a month or so.  Can't wait to spend a little time relaxing with family that we don't see very often.

This was a cool museum in Kansas City that had all kinds of hands on science activities for kids to do.  This sky bike was way up off the ground.  You had to be on the second floor of the museum to get to the entrance.  I'm not sure that I would have done it, but my daughter, who was 10 at the time, gave it a go and loved it.

Last summer we were in Washington D.C. for the Fourth of July.  It was a great, albeit hot, experience.  The highlight of the day was "Obama" performing on roller skates at the National Parade.

So, there you have it, 10 layouts created over three days.  I'm probably a lot slower at it than you could be, but I would estimate that I spent an average of about an hour on each layout.  That's pretty fast for me, though, as none of these photos have been used on a traditional scrapbook page yet.

1 comments:

Melissa Shanhun

Awesome to see so many layouts! I digiscrap and averages a couple hours per page! But Katie is helping with that! http://blog.mshanhun.com/2011/05/power-scrapping-with-katie-my-work-in.html

Post a Comment